Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Everything goes well


Bonjour!

I wanna tell that I love Texas!
Ok, I have to admit that it's hot, and the weather is sometimes completely crazy.
But excepted that, it's wonderful.

Passed Austin, I was in the hill country, beautiful, that remind me the country of south France, a lot of oak trees, very green, lots of beautiful flowers and of course very hilly.

My legs are getting more and more used to climb,
hope so, because this is the easy part,
the Rocky mountains are waiting for me.

First day I arrive in Spicewood, tiny village between Austin and Llano,
I arrive for worship time in the church of Christ, that's where I meet Daniel, the pastor and his wife Rachel, they invite me to have dinner and even offer me a comfortable bed.

Yesterday I arrived in valley spring, and was welcomed by Lory and Alan,
I just knocked at their door to ask where the pastors of the two little churches live, thay told me that the pastors are in holiday right and invited me to pitch my tent in their yard.

The land is getting drier and drier, the horizon is getting more and more flat, I see less and less trees, less and less flowers, more and more cactus.
I'm lucky, this is blooming season for the cactus, their sunny colors give me joy.

Today was very hot, and then, in the afternoon, some big dark clouds appeared far in front of me.
I ha to fill up my bottle so I went to knock at a door on the side of the road, I was welcomed by Debbie who told me that a tornado warning was set up for this area, and it's coming over us!
Debbie and her husband Ronnie offered me hospitality, tonight I ate some good hot dogs chili, and I'll sleep in a very comfortable bed, I'm like a traveling prince!

Thank to all my helpers!

Freedom

Seb

No comments: