Saturday, May 17, 2008

Growing like the nature


I arrived in this city of 100 000 people,
which is for me a big city, without having heard about it at all,
San Angelo, I didn't even know it existed.

But I don't know why, the name inspired me.

The persons who welcomed me in Melvin, Tx, just 60 miles before San Angelo knew somebody in San Angelo, so I wasn't really riding to the unknown.

On my road, about 10 miles before arriving in town, I got passed buy a truck that immediately stopped on the shoulder after passing me.
A guy goes out of the truck and ask me if I need a place to stay for the night,
that's nice, he doesn't know me and he directly ask me if I need a place to stay, this guy must know what it means to be alone on the road.
I could feel, and read in his eyes that he wasn't a bad guy at all just somebody who wanted to help and share stories and knowledge at the same time, his name is Paul.

Right before that, I got caught in a bad storm that obliged to stop for a while, and by the same way to lose time,
so he offered me to bring me to the house of Laurie, my nice hostess of the night and put the bike and the trailer in the truck.
Ok, let's ride some horse power....

Laurie, the friend of my nice host of Melvin,Tx, welcomed me in her house,
she lives in a nice area of San Angelo, and she welcomed me like a prince.

The next day I decided to go to see Paul,
we had time to speak during the car ride, and he explained that with four other people he lives in a small community by the lake, they have six houses, a garden, and a very nice message to share.

Paul has lived all around America, and lived a lot of different life in one, like it's common nowadays.
Now he decided to settle down in San Angelo, first of all because his daughter lives here, her name is Kalee, she's 9 years old and she's already an amazing girl, and then he decided to create this community.
Their purpose is to live from raw food that have been cultivated organically and with love,
I'm happy to see that some people care about the quality of what they eat.
They have their own garden, some pecan trees, and an access to the lake to get some fresh fishes.
For everything else, they have Austin, kind of holly place for healthy eaters, at 200 miles.

They try to create a connection with people all around the world who tries to get into raw food.
They also create raw chocolate that I have to admit, are really wonderful.

These guy try to live a conscious and healthy life, they choose to live the way that seems for them the closer to what we really deeply need,
and what I like is that they don't do it hided from other people or angry against anyone,
they try to spread the message that we don't have to live the way our society wants us to live,
they live without television,
they communicate with a lot of people, they are open to everyone.
They think we can help the world to improve!

I spent two days with them, eating only healthy and good food,
and I can say that the energy that it provided me was phenomenal.
I would like to stay longer with these guys and learn more from them,
but at the same time I really wanna be in Alaska by the summer,
so i have to leave tomorrow and go back to hit the road.
But I know for sure that I'm gonna be back in there,
living and growing.

They are located close to knickerbocker rd,
if you wanna go meet them,
if you wanna share with them,
learn another way of seeing nutrition and living.
They wanna spread the message, so ya'll welcome to come hang out with them,
living with them for a while or for a long term.
Contact me if you want I can give you Paul's contact
or go directly to www.livingjem.com.

They are actually doing a chocolate party on all the weekend of the 31st of may 2008.
Ya'll are welcome!

I did some videos that I'm gonna put on the youtube account, check it out, key words: inspired wanders

I think we can't change the world, but we can give him some solutions...

Freedom
Harmony
Love

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I loved your blog! You stayed with my sister Laurie in San Angelo. What you are doing is amazing! I will keep up with you on this site and wish you a safe journey! Lisa

Anonymous said...

Je vous manque.