Wednesday, April 2, 2008

International school of Lousiana



Hello,
I think this school deserve that we speak about it.

I've met along my road people that have learned french during high school and sometime more,
most of time I was able to realise something,
it wasn't very useful because most of these people were not able to say "my name is..." in french

But now I'm hopeful...
This international school of Louisiana, based in New Orleans, provides foreign language lessons in a way that 20 years later, students will still remember the learned language.
Students can chose between french and spanish.
Every single lesson, math, history, geography...
are teached in the choosen language.
The teacher teach their mother language.

The school begins at kindergarden and finish in eighth grade.

It's a public school, meaning completely free.

A friend of mine teaches in this school, she needed help to bring the children to the museum, I was lucky to meet these futuristic kids.
And I have to admit that they speak very good spanish and french.

I thank all the children of Ms Irma's class,
you were all very nice.

I had a wonderful day.

You're changing america's face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear our children are getting an education readying them for the future. Kudos to those kids for representing their school so well.

Anonymous said...

I'm a teacher at ISL and I can agree with you that Ms. Irma's kids are awesome! Curious and full of joy, mannerly and kind.