Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vive la Louisiane

Hello!!!!!

I love Louisiana.
Since Ileft New Orleans, I have been able to test the Louisiana hospitality.
First I was welcomed by Doc, in Des Allemands,La, who feed me with a very good jambalaya that his grand daughter did.
Then I met the Chitimacha indians who close to Franklin, La.
Loonie, the tribe chief welcomed me in his house, all the tribe feed me, we had wonderful crawfish, everyone of them was so nice and welcoming.
Then I stayed in New Iberia, welcomed by Patrick,
I had Alligator, ribs, beans, I learned about coonass.
Then I moved to Lafayette for the festival international, 5 days of free music.
I arrived Friday 25th, and stayed till monday afternoon.
I was welcomed by Gwen, I met her through this website: www.couchsurfing.com
that provides for traveler, people space in their house, that's a wonderful community website.
I met a lot of very nice people, I was invited to eat everywhere,
I listened to great live music.
Lafayette really is a very nice town.
Yesterday I met Arlene and Luc in Abbeville, and they invited me to stay at their house, they offered me boiled crawfish, and a vey sweet bed.
They made me a tour of Abbeville today, and showed me the pan of the giant omelette they prepare in Abbeville with more than 5,000 eggs.

I thank ya'll for your help, for everything you shared with me.

Tonight I will be in Pecan island, in the nature.

I will leave Louisiana in few days, but I know that my trip here will be unforgettable, because of ya'll wonderful people I met here.

See ya

Sebastien

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey seb

what is coonass ?
mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Seb,
Chris and I were wondering how much the wind blew on Holly Beach.
We're praying that you make it safe through Texas.
Also: the Brie lasted about three minutes after you left, and I didn't brush my teeth with it...although I still think Brie would make a great flavor for toothpaste.All the dogs thoroughly investigated your "aromas" (not that you stink!!), and had happy tails and doggy smiles. Joy to you, be safe....Juanita, Pecan Island, La.